Monday, September 28, 2009

Alternatives to the Gym

The gym we use is on base, which means a 20 minute drive. Now, as things go, that's not so far. But when you have a really short day of "non-child" time, the extra 40 minutes of driving is a whole lot! So the last week or so, I've been trying to think of ways to exercise that don't involve schlepping across town to the officially sanctioned exercise mill.

Our making of a whole bunch of hula hoops for exercise purposes yesterday will help a bit. If one stands and learns to rigorously hula hoop for 30 minutes, that's cardio & core work. I could feel it in my abs yesterday, in fact. And I only have to go out into my backyard.

So that's one strategy I'm pursuing because I really don't want to give up that extra 40 minutes a day of possible time to get things other than sitting in a car done.

No comments: